Wednesday 2 October 2013

First campus session


Hey,
Well I'm finally on the coach home from my day in London, where I attended the first campus session . Since the induction last week I've done my best to
Start up the tasks and hoped I'd done them correctly because, I was a little confused when we left the university last week. I was handed some work books, went away and read them and felt overloaded in my head  but after today I feel less confused and more confident to what I have done so far and what I am going to create in the next few weeks.  I am glad I attended the campus session because it helped me learn from others and their experiences from the course. By asking other students currently doing modules 2 and 3 I learnt that they felt exactly the same as me when they were doing module 1 and that if I feel confused it is good because it means I do know everything. This therefore means that I am learning, which is the purpose of the course, to learn new things. I did however think the attendance to the session today would be a lot bigger than it was, so I recommend to other students on the course that they attend them because they are helpful and students on modules 2 and 3 strongly advised attending them aswell. 

I liked the discussions we were having and thought that Phil's comment was very appropriate. He quoted "we are like balloons, once they are blown up or stretched they never go back down to their original size", which in our case means we are blown up with knowledge and may forget some of that knowledge but not all of it. 

We also spoke about the technologies that are involved in our lives and we spoke about how they can help us. My blog is one example because it can be read publicly by any online individual and they can comment and read what I have put. People who want to hire me for a job can search me in google and possibly read this blog,  which could determine whether I get the job or not. They could also check my Facebook and look at my pictures and posts to see what kind of person I am. At college, we as performers were advised to have 2 accounts on Facebook a professional one that is open and can be viewed by all and a personal account that is closed and only able to be viewed by close friends and family. An employer who uses your profile to view you is obviously looking for someone responsible and professional and photos of you drunk or doing stupid things is not what they are hoping to see. 

That's my blog done for the day, time to sit and read some of my handbook now for the rest of my coach journey and think of some content for my YouTube clip and maybe ideas for my next blog.




3 comments:

  1. Hi Ruth,

    Unfortunately I am unable to attend the campus sessions due to my location, but if you get the time I'd be really interested to hear a brief rundown of what went/goes on?

    Best wishes

    Megan

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yh sure, I will most probably blog about them anyway. Where do you live?

    Ruth

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Ruth,

    Good to see you posting.

    I look forward to seeing more post from you on the tasks and don't forget to comment to others as it will attract people to your Blog.

    ReplyDelete