Tuesday 22 October 2013

Campus session número dos!!


Campus session 2. 22/10/2013
Today was he second campus session for our course. There were people present from all 3 modules. Alan gave us a sheet which was linked to a method of thinking. The sheet was to do with mapping professional domains. It had three sections: the outside world, my inner world and finally tools, techniques and methods. Alan gave us different words and we had to write what That word meant to us for each section. 
An example of one that I wrote was for the word Knowledge. In reference to the outside world. I can gain knowledge from others in the outside world by not stealing their knowledge but learning from them and gaining things from them that they know. In reference to my inner world I have knowledge of my own that is mine and doesn't belong to anybody else so it is mine. I can then put my knowledge to use to benefit me and use it constructively to make the most out of it. As for tools, technologies and methods I wrote that the technologies in the world can be used to help me gain knowledge by me reading and researching to improve my knowledge. 
Module 3 students then went off with Paula to do some work on their module and modules 1 and 2 stayed together with Alan. We spoke to the 2 people from module 2 who told us about their plans for their module 2. It was very interesting to hear from them their ideas and plans and also great to know that they like the course but feel the same as us which Alan  Says is a good  feeling because if you know everything then you aren't learning. A few of us from module 1 then spoke to about things we were doing and concentrating on and whether there was any doubts or problems. The campus session today was great to attend not only to make sure I am on track but also to see where other people are at. The next campus session is thursday 21st of November so hope to see you all there!!! 

2 comments:

  1. Hi Ruth, this was nice to read as I could not attend the session as I was at an audition! so good to read about what was going on although I would of liked to have been there. The sheet you spoken about 'mapping professional domains' is there any way you can share the sheet on your blog? so I could maybe have a look if not I can email Alan for it. Hopefully I can make the next session!

    Mel

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Ruth

    Thanks for posting some information on this! As always, I am far away and am never able to attend the campus sessions, so it is nice to see what you had done. It is actually interesting to see now how after completing most of Task 2, this activity of mapping professional domain relates to the development of ideas for the tasks ahead about reflection, knowledge, experience etc. and looking at it in different aspects of life.

    Love reading your blog too, there is always loads to read :)

    Gaby

    ReplyDelete