Monday 24 March 2014

4D

4D Literature

This is the task I have struggled with the most, so I am posting it last (even though it is last haha)

As my inquiry has changed in evolved into something a little different I started looking at literature for my old ideas and then again looked for my newer ideas so I have read some interesting things for both inquiry ideas.

I looked on the internet for some literature, also used summon to find something. As at first I typed in the word respect I was shown a lot of literature so had to do my best to get it down. 

I have mainly used google though to search things because I find you can also go onto blogs and forums and find out pupils opinion and comment this way as well as books and published articles. I use google everyday and find it is the quickest and easiest source of finding things. 

I came across a few links that were the helpful. Most of what I found were forums that people had shown their opinions but I wanted more factual information. 

I came across 2 websites two that I found the most helpful.

One website was about respect in general and another was respect within teaching.
The website that was more general and didn't really tell me anything I didn't already know but it reminded me of the things I may have forgotten!

The other website which was more about respect in teaching was very interesting. It informed me that respect is an attitude and we should always remember the saying "Do unto others as you would have them do unto you".
With children they are still learning so when a child experiences respect, they know what it feel like and begin to understand how important it is. If children don't have respect for peers, authority or themselves, it's almost impossible for them to succeed. So we need to start them learning about respect from young. Schools have a lot of influence on how to teach children about respect, but parents have the most influence on how respectful children become. Until children show respect at home, it's unlikely they will show it anywhere else. 

There are many ways to show respects and I could write a list and be here all day but I am not going to do that because I think most of us know at our age how to generally create respect.

I shall now concentrate on finding more information from other sources to help me learn more.

No comments:

Post a Comment